Squall’s first vlog! :3 he’s starting a new series. Which we will of course share here!
What’s up guys Squall here, just leaving a in between episode to make up for the two weeks I missed, but check out the video and definitely leave feedback positive and negative comments are welcome!
Capcom Will Have An Close Eye On SFxMM
After the recent lows we have ever seen Megamn go through this year and just recently all things started to look as if Megaman dark days are coming to a close and well with his 25th Anniversary and the fan made Street Fighter X Megaman to kick things off right, it seems like Capcom is ready to bring our favorite Blue Bomber back to our loving arms.
For those who do not know Street Fight x Megaman is a fan made game coming in exactly 7 days from now for the PC and will be free. This upcoming title is being used to “gauge interest” that will help Capcom decide where exactly will they take Megaman as Christian Svensson said in a interview with Destructiod.
Below is part of the interview.
'We'll be using this as one of many means of gauging where we're going,” Christian told me. “One of the challenges that we have is figuring out what is the path forward in terms of, you know, Mega Man has five brands: Classic, X, ZX, Battle Network/Star Force, and Legends. Some of these things are in the same ballpark as one another, and some of them are completely different. That's part of where the, I'll say, the disagreement comes in — a non-unified vision of where Mega Man should live on exists within our own company as well as it does in the market.”
"I would argue that if anything, if we get a million downloads of [Street Fighter X Mega Man], and certainly I think that’s the floor I hope to see — it’s free, it should hopefully do more than that! — that just helps raise awareness for the brand across the board and creates fertile ground for things to happen regardless of which direction that it kind of comes in."
"….We would hope this is, on our end could sort of make good [to fans]," Brett explained. "Making it free, making it available to as many people as possible, helps us get back on the right track with the brand. This is just the beginning of the 25th anniversary of Mega Man, this isn’t the end-all, be-all that we have to say. We’re hoping the free status of the game shows that we’re listening and that we care. We want to get this character, this brand, back alive."
So come Dec 17th I would really love for you guys all to go download the game the future of Megaman truly depends on us and not Capcom simply due to the fact they are a business first and though they may want to make another Megaman game if there isn’t any numbers it simply won’t be made due to the higher ups fearing it’ll be wasted money.
I love Megaman and he has been in my life since Megaman X he’s an icon I would never ever wish to see end Legends Never Die and this is our chance to prove it and besides the game is free you literally have nothing to lose!
This is your chance MM fans especially those who were extremely upset about MML3 if you truly love Megaman you’ll download this game on Dec 17th you have no excuse to support it.
Resident Evil: Revelations Possibly Creeping Onto Your Ps3 & 360
Looks like Capcom is preparing themselves to port the really amazing Resident Evil: Revelations a title that was made exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS, may be bringing its perfect blend of Survival Horror and Action to the console market. A listing on the Korean Ratings Board indicates that the title will be releasing on both the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.
For those who don’t know Revelations received tons of positive reviews including from our very own reviewer Fivebyfive, upon its release. While Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is hardly worth a mention despite my liking to the game and Resident Evil 6 receiving mixed reviews some of which I felt was more of people trying to take jabs at Capcom for their own personal hate towards them.
Revelations however is considered to be the most interesting and best Resident Evil title of the year and with Resident Evil 7 being more then likely a few years away, it only makes sense for Capcom to keep the franchise running with what I consider one of the best 3DS titles out to date, to feed our need for some more RE.
The publisher has yet to provide any official word as of yet. We will keep you guys up to date as soon as Capcom drops some words about RE:R hitting the home consoles.
This is SquallNoctis and for RE:R on consoles.
Playstation 4 Prices & News Leaked By PSM3 (Rumor)
Hey what’s up guys SquallNoctis here and today I’m dropping some information that was leaked by PSM3 a British magnazine who decided to drop everything they know about the Playstation 4 or Orbis whichever you guys like more.
PSM3 also stated that Sony has neither responded nor confirmed the information that will be listed in this post, so make sure they you keep your minds open and wait for official word about the PS4 from Sony themselves and regard everything you read here as speculation.
First off the reports from PSM3 claims that the Playstation 4 won’t actually be called Playstation 4, since the number 4 in Japanese is “shi” which can be translated to death. Since the number 4 is considered to be bad luck for Japan’s people much like the number 13 for us Americans (which I find to be quite funny for my own personal reasons). There might be a good chance Sony will stay away from that kind of association so far away that they might keep the console named ‘Orbis’ like the dev kits they recently sent out.
PSM3 also states that the next-gen Playstation should come with a quad-core processor, 16B flash memory and either 4GB or 8GB RAM, depending on how much Microsoft puts into their next-gen Xbox console which goes by the code name Durango but we all call it the Xbox 720. Sadly the PS4 will not be backwards compatible with Ps3 games or even run games in the rumored 4K resolution. The console will instead stick to 1080p and 60 frames per second. The 4K resolution should be reserved for videos.
The Playstation 4 is also expected to be shipped with a Playstation Move controller as well as the Playstation Eye. Classic games is stated to be offered through a cloud gaming platform such as Gaikai, which I know you guys remember Sony acquiring them earlier this year.
Their reports also say that Sony should be showing off some Playstation 4 demos this upcoming E3 which is next year in 2013.
Unfortunately PSM3 also reported that the next-gen Playstation will be expensive but not as expensive as the Ps3 on launch which is great to hear. According to their report it could cost between €400 to €500 which would translate to around $510 to $635.
I will personally try my absolute best to keep you guys updated with the upcoming next-gen Xbox and Playstation and also all credit goes to the source of this news PSM3.
Skullgirls Patch Ver 1.01 Double Changes
- The Hornet Bomber special attack received the following adjustments:
- Invincibility has been modified
- LK version is now invincible through first active frame and won’t trade
- MK version is now invincible up to first active frame and will trade
- HK version is not invincible and will get stuffed
- All versions lose active hitbox during descent, until landing
- Reduced the Blockbuster cancel window from 30 frames to 4 frames to match most other special attacks
- The direction of Double’s Bandwagon Rushdown (Lv1) Blockbuster attack can now be controlled
- By holding Back during the superflash, it will come out from the opposite side of the screen
- Further reduced Double’s tension gain during the Catellite Lives (Lv1) Blockbuster attack by half
- The Nightmare Legion (Lv3) Blockbuster attack received the following adjustments:
- Increased overall speed
- No longer invincible for the entire duration
- Invincibility now wears off after she transforms into Filia
- The last hit now knocks the opponent away from Double
- Reduced damage to bring it more in line with other Level 3 Blockbuster attacks
- Increased the recovery on block slightly
- The Megalith Array Lv5 Blockbuster attack received the following adjustments:
- Invincibility now wears off as soon as you press any button to shoot or create a bomb
- Reduced the Ring Lasers’ blockstun by 2 frames
- Increased the cooldown time between Ring Lasers by 2 frames
- All quarter-circle forward motions now require the full D,DF,F, instead of just D,DF
- The following adjustments have been made to reduce the ease of hit confirms:
- Reduced j.HP hit-stun by 5 frames
- Reduced s.MK(1) hit-stun
- Slowed cr.MK by 2 frames
- Slowed s.HK by 2 frames
- Added missing hitboxes below her ground-impact frames
- Fixed crumple animation to have crouch-hit-stun and OTG-hit-stun portions in line with those of other characters
- Removed 5 frames of invincibility from the middle of Double’s dash and backdash
- Reduces the total invincibility from 13 frames to 8 frames
- Made the Ensemble taunt-before-leaving stop being a physical barrier 20 frames earlier
- Increased the tag-in speed by 10 frames, to match every other character’s
- j.WK and j.HP can now be properly pushblocked in the middle now
Skullgirls Patch Ver 1.01 Valentine Changes
- The Dead on Arrival (Lv3) Blockbuster attack “cinematic” can now be skipped if the Valentine player holds any Punch during the initial fade-out
- The Checkmate Incision (Lv1) Blockbuster attack received the following adjustments:
- It is now possible to move after using an aerial Checkmate Incision Blockbuster attack
- Lengthened Blockbuster Sequel window by 4 frames on the ground
- Lengthened Blockbuster Sequel window by 7 frames in the air
- The EKG Flatliner (Lv1) Blockbuster attack received the following adjustments:
- Will now only hit point characters
- No longer hits Ensembles / severed heads / Lonesome Lenny / etc.
- Will no longer K.O. an opponent before the final hit
- The Acquistive Prescription (Lv2) Blockbuster counter received the following adjustments:
- Ms. Fortune is no longer able to move her head when frozen
- Peacock’s items now disappear properly when she is frozen
- Both Blockbuster counter stances’ (Acquisitive Prescription and Countervenom) hitboxes are now much taller
- Hitting Valentine during her Blockbuster counter stances with another Valentine’s Dead on Arrival Blockbuster or Mortuary Drop no longer consumes the wrong amount of meter
- The Vial Hazard special attack’s Type B (hit-stun) poison now only lasts two thirds as long when connecting with an already-hit-stunned opponent
- Reduced recovery time on both air and ground variants of the Savage Bypass special attack
- Valentine’s j.HP received the following adjustments:
- Reduced hit-stun by 2 frames
- Now knocks the opponent up 1 pixel higher against airborne opponents
- Reduced Valentine’s c.HP’s blockstun by 6 frames
- Blockbuster counter stance now properly faces opponent
- Mortuary Drop now restores air options when canceled into a Blockbuster attack
- Increase throw damage to 800 to compensate for scaling followup combos to 50%
- Fixed bone bouncing sounds during time-out animation
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Jun Kazama BnB Combos + Notations
- FF+1+2, F+3, F+1+2, 1+2, 4+2, 2
- U/F 4+3, R+2, F+3, F+1+2, 2
- FF+1+2, F+3, F+1+2, 1+2, B 2, 1, 4
- F+2, U/F+4, 3, B+2, 1, 4
- F+2, U/F+3, B+2, 1, B+2, 1, F+1+2, 1+2, FF+1+2
- F+1, 4, 1, D+4, 4
- F+1,4 ,1, 2,1,4,1
- F+1, 4, 1, U/F+3, B+2, 1 F+1+2, 1, FF+3
- (Asuka): F+2~5 (Jun): U/F+3, B+2, 1, B+2, 1, F+1+2, 2
- (Asuka): D/B+4,3~5 (Jun): B+2,1, B+2,1, 1+2
- (Asuka) D/B+4,3~5 (Jun): B+4, 2, F+3, F+1+2, 1+2~5 (Asuka): 1,2,4 (Jun): FFF+3
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Leaked Characters & Stages
Sup guys, SquallNoctis here dropping the leaked characters and stages for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, its not all of the stages and characters but those that was found in the beta for the game. How do you guys feel about the game? Let me know.
■ Raiden (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance)
■ Dante (upcoming Devil May Cry)
■ Ratchet (Ratchet & Clank)
■ Sackboy (Little Big Planet)
■ Spike (Ape Escape)
■ Sir Dan (MediEvil)
■ Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
■ Evil Cole (Infamous)
■ Paris (Sly Cooper)
■ BlackRock Stadium (Twisted Metal)
■ Columbia (Bioshock Infinite)
■ Invasion (Killzone)
■ Alden’s Tower (Infamous)
■ unnamed Loco Roco stage
Dust 514 Beta Code Giveaway For This Weekend Closed Beta
What’s up guys SquallNoctis here and did you guys want to play Dust 514? If so well I got good news for you today I’m giving away 4 beta codes for this weekend closed beta testing that is good from the 26th(be aware that there is a maintenance going on and you might not be able to sign in yet) til the 30th of this month. If you guys like the beta and wish to continue playing then please proceed to the PSN Store and buy the Mercenary pack which is for $20 that includes a few more goodies along with the beta of the game.
The codes are first come first served and can only be used once so if you’re not sure someone used it or not just check and who knows you might just get lucky. Use the following codes in the Redeem part of the PSN Store. May those of you who get a code enjoy the four days of playing the game.
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown Casuals FT: GUX_SquallNoctis, GUX_BBall4224, Alaxais17 & Dieugllio
Sup guys SquallNoctis dropping off VF5 casuals between myself and a few members of the Facebook Group, lol don’t expect anything from me in these matches it was my first day playing the game in any way shape or form but I hope you guys enjoy it, also for those who own the game are you liking it so far?
Goh (GUX_SquallNoctis), Jacky (GUX_Bball4224), El Blaze (Alaxis 17), Jean/Lion (Diegullio).
Sonic Adventure 3 Domains Registered
A number of domain registrations for Sonic Adventure 3 were discovered online yesterday, leading up to a rumor that a 3rd installment could finally be on the horizon.
The six domains that were found are Sonicadventure3.com, Sonicadventure3.net, Sonicadventure3.org, Sonicadventure3.info, Sonicadventure3.fr, and Sonicadventure3.eu. All of the domains were registered by the French Divison of 1 & 1 Internet, a company primarily focused on web hosting, around April 22, according to TSSZ.
As of now, all the domains point to a generic landing page which is not associated and all previous Sonic domains for Generations, Free Riders & Sonic The Hedgehog 4 were registered by EuroDNS. The information suggests that the domains are unofficial, but least we can all say its possible a 3rd installment is on the way.
What are you guys thoughts on a possible Sonic Adventure 3?
Crysis 3 Beautiful New Screenshots
Crysis 3 finally has some new gorgeous screenshots I know for a fact I’m getting this game once it releases!
Final Fantasy Versus XIII Cancellation Rumor
Yesterday Kotaku released information from a “unknown” source claiming VSXIII was canceled and SquareEnix was planning to kill it off silently. This news angered a lot of fans, some like myself believed it was no more then a trap to get SE to talk about the game.
The rumor is fake just as fake as their source existence SquareEnix isn’t canceling the game, there are far to many reasons that the game isn’t canceled in the video below.
Not only the valid points in the video points away from Versus cancellation there has been a source from a Senior US Editor for RPGSite.net saying Noruma is hard at work on the game and will even be at TGS this year. If you wish to read the article it can be found here.
SFxTK Character Introduction Ft: Dudley, Elena, Lars & Alisa
What’s up guys SquallNoctis here just dropping off some of the Character introductions for SFxTK, I might be a few days late but hey better late then never right?! So let’s start with Dudley
Dudley is a close-range specialist who utilizes his ability to rush down
The special move Jet Upper is an uppercut unleashed with an upward flying motion. The move has adjusted function in SFXTK, and the L, M, H and EX versions of the move have their own respective properties, so use the move skillfully when applying it to things like anti-airs and combos.
Duck is a special move where Dudley lowers his form and charges forward. During the forward movement he’s projectile-invincible, so it’s effective when you want to draw close to an opponent that attempts to zone you from afar. While Duck itself is not an attack, during the charge if you input Punch, Dudley will perform a straight, while if you input Kick, he will perform an upper.
This move is Dudley’s standing HP. The tip of the move has a high priority, so we think it will see a lot of use in ground battles.
Dart Shot, performed with F+HK, is a mid attack (overhead) and thus can’t be blocked while crouching. In addition, if you follow up with an MK input, Dudley performs Target Combo 3. On top of of being difficult to block on reaction, Dudley can link the move into fast start-up attacks, giving him a high-low mix-up up close, in line with the Tekken characters.
Jump HK has largely different properties in SFXTK, as the move will bound air opponents on hit, allowing for juggles. Depending on how it’s used, we think it will expand on combo possibilities, so test out the move in a variety of ways.
Elena is character who toys with her opponent with her tricky leg attacks.
During the special move Mallet Smash, Elena hops forward then rains down a kick from above. This move is a 2-hit mid attack and is effective as a mid-range surprise attack. The EX version causes bound damage, allowing you to continue a combo further.
Scratch Wheel is a special move where Elena unleashes a kick as she leaps upwards. The move has high damage, so it’s most appropriate as a combo finisher against a juggled opponent.
With the special move Spin Scythe, Elena assumes a low form, and does two continuous kicks as she moves forward. As a follow up she does two additional kicks, downing the opponent. The EX has less recovery and allows for combos against the floated opponent.
With Elena’s Slide, performed with DF+HK, she will go under certain projectiles. If blocked at a close distance, the move leaves Elena wide open, so the key is to hit with the tip of the move.
Target Combo 3, st.HP→HK, is a starting point for combos. If you continue with another hard attack you connect with a Cross Rush, or after hitting with the second attack you can even link into moves with slow start-up. However, with the exception of certain characters with large body types, the attack won’t hit on crouching opponents, so be careful.
Lars has powerful combos he can use from his special moves, which have a diverse number of continuations.
Silent Entry is similar to Dudley’s Duck in function, with projectile invincibility during the forward charge, and if you press Punch or Kick while in that charge, Lars will perform follow-ups based on which is pressed.
The EX version has completely invincibility at the beginning, and passes through the opponent at close distances, so you can shake your opponent’s guard direction at close-range.
Avalanche Fall is a forward-leaping heel drop special move. If you press LP before the attack releases he’ll land without attacking, so Lars can mixing in feints as a part of his fighting style.
Trigger Screw is rising leap kick attack that has start-up invincibility. The EX version can be used as a finishing blow on floated opponents, allowing for a breadth of combos.
Dynamic Entry is a forward-charging body blow. Beyond being able to follow the move up for a maximum of three attacks, you can also branch off into a mid attack. The EX version causes wall bound damage, so you can create damaging combos.
Alisa uses specializes in ground battles with the free use of her Destroy Form.
Double Rocket Punch is a projectile that can be fired in 3 different directions. While the start-up motion is lengthy, the recovery after the shot is small, and the kickback sends Alisa flying back downwards, so even if it’s blocked at close range it’s difficult to punish.
Happy Propeller is a rising spin attack where Alisa uses chainsaws equipped on both arms to chop the opponent. It does high damage so we think it’s good as a combo finisher.
Down + All three punches activates Destroy Form. All punches in Destroy Form use chainsaws, with long reach and causing chip damage even on block.
If you press Kick while in Destroy Form she performs a special action called Idle. While the move is not an attack, she can quickly build her Cross Gauge in the stance.
Destroy Form can be activated during special moves and unique attacks as well.
After Close MK…
Pressing MP will activate Destroy Form while attacking in the unique attack Quick Access. You can cancel the MP into a special move, or link into a slow start-up attack, so you can create a variety of combos.
Destroy Form does have a restriction, as there are some special moves that Alisa can use in normal form but cannot in Destroy Form, but the form is powerful if you master it, so try to find practical applications to fight effectively.
Finally, Alisa has a neat little gimmick to her. If you throw escape while holding forward or in neutral, she performs a special escape action.